The St. Kateri Tekakwitha Committee of St. Lucy’s Church
432 Gifford Street, Syracuse, NY 13204
We are currently recruiting new members, Native and non-Native to ensure the continuation of the St. Kateri Tekakwitha Committee.
(Pronounced Gah-day-lee Day-gah-gwee-dah)
These are a few of the activities that we participate in whenever possible:
- Make home visits to the sick and needy upon request.
- Visit and send cards to those who are hospitalized.
- Assist the needy and refer them to the necessary resources/agencies when needed.
- Pray for the sick, lonely, needy and troubled.
- Sing Native hymns upon request at wakes and funerals. New members will be taught these Native hymns using phonetics during song practice at meetings.
- We celebrate St. Kateri’s Feast Day every April with a Memorial Mass in Mohawk phonetics and English followed by a feast/reception in the dining facility in the basement of St. Lucy’s Church.
- We celebrate the Fallen Leaves Mass the first Saturday in November each year that honors the deceased family and friends of Natives and non-Natives with a Memorial Mass in Mohawk phonetics and English followed by a full feast in the dining facility in the basement of St. Lucy’s Church.
- We are also seeking volunteers to help us with these feasts.
You can ask any St. Kateri Tekakwitha member or call either St Lucy’s at 315-475-7273 or the Executive Director Beth Kazel @ 315-481-2232. You can also contact Emily Stewart the Executive Assistant at 315-299-7871.
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/katerisyracuse/
Fallen Leaves Mass & Feast Has Been Canceled due to Social Distancing Requirements attributed to Covid 19
For more information, contact St. Lucy’s Church at 315-475-7273.
This Site has been created and is owned by:
S. Toby C. Whyland – Rich, Silhouettes Music Studio’s™ & Silhouettes Co™, are trademarks of Silhouettes Inc™. Copyright © 2018 Silhouettes Music Studios™, A Spectrum™ Entertainment Company with Corporate Offices located in Fleming & Syracuse, NY. All rights reserved.
Devised Specifically for and with the permission of The St. Kateri Tekakwitha Committee of St. Lucy’s Church, Syracuse, New York. None of the information contained herein may be copied or redistributed without the sole consent of the site owner. Any reproduction thereof shall be deemed as theft under Copyright laws, and is punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. Any information contained herein is considered public property obtained by the author for public use and display. If any of this content infringes upon your Copyrights, or you would deem that it belongs to you alone, then please notify the author immediately, and such information shall be removed. This is a public domain site bearing a watermark signature. This site is for informative purposes. No charges at anytime shall be required for viewing this site on any public domain.
S. Toby C. Whyland-Rich™© 2015